Grace

I’ve been eyeing up the Grace pattern from Ohhh Lulu sews for a while. It uses a combination of non stretch and stretch fabrics together – which means it is perfect to pair with either the Marlborough bra or the Maya bra, which are both made with non stretch fabrics for the cups and bridge, and power net wings.

IMG_0003

The pattern (available here) cost me around ¬£8 and was available for digital download, which is great if like me you are impatient. Measuring myself I came up as an XL – a little surprising as I’m a UK 12/14 – maybe I’m being a little vain here. However making¬† them up I felt that I could have probably sized down, the power net I’ve used at the sides is extremely stretchy. Still they fit nicely, but I think the size below would have done too!

The instructions were clear and good, though personally I would have liked a recommendation on stitch width and length on a regular sewing machine for application of elastics.

I actually made 2 pairs as my mother always taught me to buy two pairs of knickers with my bras.

IMG_0004

The main fabric I have used was an off-cut from a top I made, perfect to use up strange shaped remnants, I also made this matching, albeit heavily altered Maya bra. (I’ll be posting about that soon). I also used some left over weirdly shaped power mesh, and then bought some stretch lace to sew round the legs for 75p.

IMG_0008

Definitely a pattern that I will be using again, they are a good fit, very comfy, and ideal to go with some of my favourite bra patterns.