Silver self draft

So this is my second self -drafted bra using the Kristina Shin method. My first draft shown below was really pretty successful.

I had some tweaks planned after this one, including moving the underarm 0.5cm higher to give the underwire a little more room, but instead I found some shorter underwires I like.

What did come apparent from wearing the bra was that I needed to take a little wedge out of the upper cup as the very top of it was too long as shown in this diagram.

Other than that I kept it the same. I made up my new version in a kit I had from Bodils Wear that I bought last year. The silver fabric is a non stretch, with a dark grey stretch lace over lay. It has silver coloured notions and silvery power mesh.

Such a beautiful sunny morning taking these photos!

The change has meant the upper cup lies across the top of my breast and doesn’t slightly gape, the bridge is flat against my chest and its comfy, yay! I would like to make the wing a little longer though, but I think it will ease a little with wear.

I’ve bought a whole bunch of extra stretch lace also from Bodil’s wear to make matching knickers. My pattern of choice currently is the Stella panties from Studio Costura, they vary slightly depending on whether you are sewing with knit or lace, but I like both options. This pair is underway, the lace is narrow so I’ve pieced an extra triangle together at the back.

They would be further along but at this point I lost bobbin chicken and got cross and needed to put the sewing down. And breathe.

I’ll post again when I’ve finished the knickers.